In honor of today being the 14th day of the month and it being Valentine’s Day, I want to share with you 14 Verses I Love and cling to.
14 Verses I Love
1. John 3:16 this verse is at the top of my list because God loved me enough to send His only Son, Jesus Christ to pay my sin debt. Think about it, all the hundreds of past generations and however many future generations not yet here, God loved each and everyone. AMAZING!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
2. Psalm 23:1 we were not put on earth to learn to live through all we face each day on our own. We have a gentle yet strong Shepherd who guides, protects, and provides for us.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
3. Jeremiah 33:3 we all need wisdom concerning situations in our lives. When we call on God, He gives us the answer and much more.
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and might things, which thou knowest not.
4. Psalm 19:14 this is my life verse. I chose this verse when I was in 3rd grade as we were learning the whole chapter for Bible class. I’ll never forget reading the verse at my desk and how I wanted the words I speak and the thoughts I think to please the Lord.
Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in the sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
5. Proverbs 8:17 there is something about loving and being loved. What greater love can we have than the love of Jesus? When we seek Christ early, we are showing an interest in Him. When we seek Him early (early in life, early in the day) before other things, we will find Him.
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
6. Psalm 34:4 fear is a real thing especially for a 5th grader having to give her testimony in church in front of several hundreds of people. Thankfully, my momma taught me this verse when we found out I had to give my testimony. Any time I prayed about it, the Lord took my fears from me. As soon as I stepped up to the microphone and began to speak, the Lord took control because I have no idea what happened after that.
I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
7. Romans 8:28 no matter what comes our way whether it be good or bad, the Lord knows all about it and will work everything out for our good.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
8. Hebrews 13:5-6 there will not be a storm we have to face alone. Jesus promises to be there and not leave us. Because of His help, we don’t have to fear what others do to us.
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
9. Ephesians 2:4-6 we don’t deserve it, but God loves us enough to give it – mercy! His grace is there to cover the sins we commit, but we need to work on true repentance and the removal of the sin in our life. I’m thankful for grace and mercy.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
10. II Samuel 22:2-3 many roles of the Lord are listed in these verses. It is a wonderful reminder of who our Lord is for us in our time of need. He is worthy of the praise we give Him.
And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
11. Ephesians 2:8-10 thankfully, going to heaven doesn’t depend on how good a person we are. Salvation is a gift given to us by God, it has nothing to do about us, it is all about Him. We can’t work our way to heaven, but we can accept His gift of eternal life .
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
12. Joshua 1:9 we should have courage to take a step of faith in situations because wherever that step leads us, God is there.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
13. I John 5:13 when we accept the gift of salvation we are promised eternal life. A promise we can believe in.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14. Psalm 46:1 we don’t have to face troublesome times alone. God is there and He helps us through those times.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
I’m so thankful for these verses, they are very dear to my heart. What are some of the verses you love?