I have not done a MEME since I've started blogging. Since I have been tagged by two of my favorite online friends, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm going to post both sets of questions in this one post. So here goes...
Melody from With the Fruit of Her Hands tagged me with these questions.
1. What is your favorite hot beverage? Coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate? Something else? I like hot tea, but if I had to choose between tea or hot chocolate... I'd pick hot chocolate.
2. What is your favorite season of the year? This is hard for me, since I have 2. I love fall ~ there is so much evidence in God's amazing work when the leaves turn colors. I love hearing the crunching of the dried leaves. Cooler weather is a must after spending the hot months of summer. I love spring!~ God wakes up nature from a long winter's sleep. The wonderful little flowers that push their heads up through the pine straw (at least here) is sign that spring is coming.
3. How old were you when you accepted Christ? I was 7 years old when my Sunday School teacher took her Bible and showed me how to be saved. It's amazing to see the faces of people when I tell them that I have been saved 32 years. It makes me sound... older.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? This is easy... I would go to Ireland, Scotland and England. I would love to see the many sights that these countries have to offer. But I would also want to research my family's history.
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl? It depends... Most times, I'm a night owl. I have a head light to read by, so I don't keep my husband awake. I do my best house cleaning at night, so I'll not be distracted.
6. Do you have a life verse, or one that is really special to you? I have several verses that are special. This is probably the most special. Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
7. If you had a couple hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Only a couple of hours?...I would learn how to bake bread~ completely by hand.
8. Do you have someone in your life who has been a Spiritual mentor for you? My husband and Mother are the ones that I go to. Unfortunately, I really don't have anyone other than my husband or my Mother, that is my fault (I'm admitting it here, for the world to see). I keep people at arms length, it is really hard for me to allow myself to make that friendship that is needed to have a mentor.
This set of questions came from Deborah at Songs From My Journey~
1. What is your 'life verse' or verses that have special meaning to you, My life verse is Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
2. and why? When I was in junior high, a teacher read this verse as a short devotion. He explained that it is a prayer, that we need to pray. We need to work on keeping our speech and our thoughts acceptable for the Lord, as if He was standing in the room hearing everything we were saying and thinking.
3. What is your favorite story (or stories) from the Bible? There are so many, but my all time favorite would be the life of Joseph.
4. Why is it meaningful to you? Joseph faced many unpleasant situations and he did not take his eyes off the Lord. Because of his faithfulness, the Lord was able to turn these bad things around for His Glory.
5. Do you have a favorite 'phrase' from the Bible? Blessed are they... and Be still and know... The second is one is hard to do sometimes, but so worth it, if we would Be Still.
6. Do you have some special memories or a testimony that you would like incorporated into a song? Wow! I think this one HERE is probably the one that I have really had to to deal with.
7. If you had a theme song for your life and faith, what thoughts or statements would you want it to contain? My Faith Has Found a Resting Place by Eliza Edmunds Hewitt
8. What would your theme song sound like? The music style would be like My Faith has Found a Resting Place.
I'm not going to tag anyone specifically. If you would like to do this meme, consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you participate.