Yesterday, when I wrote about sewing my Kindle cover, I did not expect any questions or comments on it. What a surprise for me when I opened the comment notice in my email.
This is the inside of the cover. When I sewed this, I kept thinking that there was a lot of extra room in the tabs. So I did what any good seamstress would do ~ I got my scissors and I began cutting. Actually, the space would have been taken up when I sewed all the pieces together and finished with the top stitching. This flower fabric, is something that I have a ton of and I totally love it! It's so hip! yeah, right...
As you can see in the picture above, the Kindle sits very snug in the tabs. I really like this, since I have a fear of it falling out. Now that I have this and am using it, I think the next one I make will not have the extra flap. That flap was suppose to be the home of a pocket, but since I cut the cover to where it would close snug, I left the pocket off. Since I whipped this up rather quickly, I used round velcro since that is what I pulled out of the basket first.
In the last picture, you can see when it is closed that my cutting was not completely straight, but I was flying blind on this project. I love denim! It's one of my favorite fabrics to sew with and I'm a denim kind of girl. Nothing fancy schmancy for me. I finished it off with a pink button that goes with my contrast fabric.
As for selling these in my shop... I'm still thinking about it. With a little arm twisting, I might could be persuaded into listing a few. If you are seriously interested in one, let me know and I'll be happy to come up with something for you.