With it being only two days away from our nation’s birthday, today I’m thankful to be living in America. Many Americans take for granted the beautiful freedoms we have been so blessed to have because it is easy to live life without fear and worry. While America is far from perfect, it is the one nation, many people work so hard to come to all for the sake of freedom. Today, I am thankful to be an American!
Seven reasons why I’m thankful to be an American
- FREEDOM – I have the freedom to live, to speak, to travel, and to vote. We have freedoms that many can only imagine having.
- LIBERTY TO WORSHIP – not only can I practice my faith when I want, where I want, and how I want, I can tell others about the love of Jesus.
- MILITARY – we have a strong military full of men and women who are willing to serve and protect our country and our freedoms. They are willing to work, so I may live and sleep in peace. I am thankful for them!
- GOVERNMENT – while our government has pushed the envelope many times over the years, our founding fathers knew the importance of having three branches of government. They work together to keep the government in check to serve and protect the people. As Americans, we don’t know what it is like to live under a harsh government and I am thankful for that!
- HERITAGE – we have a rich heritage of Christian values, courage, sacrifice, and honor. No matter how hard some want to erase parts of our heritage, it is something that I was raised with and am teaching my son about. My heritage is something I am proud to have.
- PROSPERITY – even when times are lean, Americans have more than many people across the world.
- GOD’S BLESSINGS ON AMERICA – God has blessed our country greatly, over the years. It’s because of Him we have the six things above. I am thankful for God’s blessings and I pray the people of America turn their hearts back to God.
You can view the LINKUP HERE.